R is growing faster, our community is growing as well: that's why we provided MilanoR with a brand new website, more functional to find our R resources.
So, what's new in MilanoR.net?
Check it out: first of all, we get a nice new look. But more important, we tried to get all our resources and tools more accessible:
- The R blog, with articles and contributions about the R world: now you can easier surf the topics you like through categories, tags and related articles.
- Our live events and community meetings: from the menu in the up right of the page you can monitor the future events and see everything of our past events: check the content, see the pictures and download the presentations of our meeting talks.
- Live and online R courses, provided by our main partner Quantide: from the menu you can quickly check the available courses (several news are coming, stay tuned!) and every information about them.
- Free R e-books: you can easily find them on the sidebar. So far we have two free e-books available: Rabbit – Introduction to R, and Ramarro – R for developers.
- People, the treasure of each community: from the sidebar, you can see our main contributors, and at the end of each article you can see the author with his short story.
Let’s grow our community together
MilanoR is a young community and it can grow only with everyone's contribution.
Registered users can comment the blog and receive in advance info about events, courses and articles: if you wish to be registered, leave your email here.
If you feel up to, you can contribute to the blog sharing some tricks or techniques that you know well: write to admin[at]milanor[dot]net proposing your article, we will be happy to publish it.
Furthermore, you are warmly invited to our live events! The MilanoR meetings usually happen twice a year, and serve as a platform for all local R users to present and exchange their experiences and ideas around the usage of R. A typical MilanoR meeting consists of 3-4 talks of about 20-25 min to give plenty of room for sharing your R experiences, discussions and exchange of ideas. We are going for the 7th meeting: if you are a registered user, you will receive an email when the next meeting is scheduled.
Lots of things are coming
The website renovation is the first of several things that we are planning for this 2016. Articles, events, courses and free books, lots of tools should be available soon. At least, we are working hard in this direction
Again, if you wish to contribute in some way, don’t hesitate to write to admin[at]milanor[dot]net.
Keep in touch!
What is MilanoR, if you still don’t know
MilanoR is a user group dedicated to bring together local users of the popular open source language R. Our aim is to exchange knowledge, learn and share tricks and techniques and provide R beginners with an opportunity to meet more experienced users. We wish to spur the adoption of R for innovative research and commercial applications, and show case studies of real-life R applications in industry and government. MilanoR was founded in 2012 by the director of the R consulting company Quantide Andrea Spanò, the R-core member and University of Milan professor Stefano Iacus, and the quantitative consultant Daniele Amberti.